EPIC
we were planning for an epic ski trip. the kids were
stoked and so were the leaders. our first day on the
slope was pretty sweet. lots of falling, laughing,
belly-crawling, hopping - i learned a lot of ways
to get cruising.
i broke my wrist.
for those of you who think wearing a cast is glorious,
it is.
quite, quite glorious. but besides getting to choose the
color of your cast, wearing one isn't really fun. it itches,
kinda smells, your roommates put your hair in ponytails
for you (nice ones of course) and you can only give one
handed high-fives.
but,
this tragic, tragic experience gave me the opportunity
to experience the church's love in a vibrant way.
i saw it; was overwhelmed by it.
that's pretty epic.

yes, Mercy, I'm so thankful for the church and how the body of Christ continues to love you. And thanks for the pics of your cast.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you broke your wrist. is it feeling better yet? I have a sweet pic of my brother doing my hair when I broke my wrist...not sure which is more awesome that he would do my hair or that I chose to let him do my hair!
ReplyDeletehaha that's awesome!
ReplyDeletemy wrist is healed now but it is still stiff and sore...and it POPS!...and when the weather changes, it feels achy. does yours do that?
Not so much anymore. I occasionally have it ache or if I carry something really heavy I can tell it is slightly weak.
ReplyDeleteMercy, Did people sign your cast? Draw awesome pictures? I'm sorry your broke your wrist! Hope you can tell the weather from now on:)
ReplyDelete