"Melonie Park Rocks my mind around to flip it to love god
and to make good choices" (Melonie Park is our church
)
A Boy,
13 years old.

Last Sunday I sat in a pew lined with Texas Boys Ranch boys. and boy, was it interesting. There was a 4 year old boy to my right, a 13 year old boy in front of me, another 13 year old boy beside the 32 year old boy on my left and a few 6 and 7 year old boys down the way. The 13 year old boy in front of me wouldn’t stop tapping the 4 year old boy sitting next to me on the head with a spongy torpedo until the 32 year old boy told him to quit. The 4 year old boy liked it when the 13 year old boy hit him on the head. It made him giggle. And when I pulled him back in his seat, hoping he might be still, he asked the 32 year old boy if he could play games on his iphone. When the 32 year old boy said no, the 4 year old boy asked him if church was almost over.  And when church was finally over, the 13 year old boy sitting in front of me (who got up to go to the bathroom about 5 times during the sermon) shoved his way past the other boys. He kept handing me a blue piece of paper. I disregarded the 13 year old boy’s paper because he had been doing nonsense type things all morning. The blue paper fell and the 13 year old boy put it in my bible again. I went home and forgot about it. I found it today. This time, I read it. And while Michael Haverdink’s testimony was an awesome one, it’s the raw thoughts of a 13 year old boy that are imbedded in my heart tonight. Just as loud and full of meaning.

How true are his words? I don’t know for sure.
But, I am sure that he wanted me to have it. 
And I do have it. And I’m thinking of that 13 year old boy and his precious life.


4 comments:

  1. Did you post this after our phone call last night? really, I think your day was full of worthy pursuits, the unexpected kind. Praying Psalm 37:4 for you today. love. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. after we talked i found this. thanks for talking with me! love you!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe I missed this post! I always try to hop over and see if you have added anything new! What a great testimony! Is there any update?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting Denise! the update on this boy is that he can't come to Melonie Park any more because he has new house parents (the house parents get to choose the church and the new parents chose a different church) but i saw him the other day and he was telling me how much he misses Melonie Park! we still get opportunities to love on him!

    ReplyDelete